At CentraState, the radiation delivery systems we use to combat cancer are the same as those of the leading medical institutions in the country. They include external beam radiation therapy (EBRT) with IGRT (Image Guided Radiation Therapy), IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy) and brachytherapy (internal radiation therapy) treatments. Learn more about another state-of-the-art form of radiation therapy called proton therapy
Radiation equipment at CentraState features highly sophisticated, highly precise and complex instruments, such as stereotactic devices, linear accelerators, computers and laser beams, including:
- Varian 21 EX linear accelerator (treatment machine) with On Board Imaging including Cone Beam CT
- Elekta Infinity® linear accelerator with volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) and HexaPOD System – VMAT enables clinicians to "shrink wrap" the dose around a tumor by simultaneously manipulating the position, speed, and dose rate of the treatment unit. This provides highly targeted treatment, minimizing the dose to healthy tissue. VMAT also reduces daily treatment time, maximizing patient comfort. The HexaPOD System, guided by an infrared-camera, enables sub-millimeter patient positioning accuracy, improving accuracy.
- Philips dedicated CT simulator for true 4D treatment planning. CT is performed using respiratory gating to allow physicians to tailor treatment volumes to patient anatomy during the breathing cycle.
- BrainLab Radiosurgery system
- Nucletron high dose rate brachytherapy system
- Philips treatment planning computer system