Quality Cancer Care
Year over year, the Statesir Cancer Center at CentraState has been recognized with accreditations and designations by industry experts, serving as a testament to our commitment to quality and safety.
- The StatesirTM Cancer Center at CentraState is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer for quality excellence and has been designated as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program.
- The American College of Radiology (ACR), the nation’s oldest and most widely accepted radiation accrediting body, has accredited CentraState radiation oncology and radiology programs, which is awarded only to facilities able to show the highest level of quality and patient safety. ACR accreditations include:
- Radiation Oncology
- Stereotactic Breast
- Surgery and Breast Ultrasound
- Radiation Oncology
- Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence (DICOE)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE)
- Low-Dose Rate CT Lung Screening Center of Excellence
- The Star and Barry Tobias Women’s Health Center is designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology and a Pink Ribbon Facility by Hologic®, as well as being accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- CentraState Medical Center is one of only 2 percent of hospitals nationwide to achieve Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition Program®. Only 8 percent of the approximate 5,800 hospitals in the U.S. hold Magnet designation, so a four-time designation is an elite accomplishment.
- CentraState Medical Center received CEO Cancer Gold Standard™ accreditation by the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, a nonprofit organization of cancer-fighting CEOs in collaboration with the National Cancer Institute, many of its designated cancer centers, and leading health non-profit organizations and professionals. CentraState was recognized for its extraordinary commitment to the health and wellbeing of its employees and their families and access to quality cancer prevention and treatment services.